Egg salad is one of my favourite cold sandwiches of all time! What's not to love? But I recently started obsessing with a revamped and much healthier version. I don't even use mayo anymore thanks to this genius idea of mashing eggs with avocados! I started to experiment and finally found my favourite flavour combination - lemon, dill, and onions. Super simple but will definitely satisfy every flavour profile! Also, as an added bonus, this egg salad is way prettier than the other version!
This is really quick to whip up for breakfast too. My favourite way to be super efficient is to hard boil the eggs the night before, then mash everything in 5 minutes in the morning. On these days, I just season with salt and pepper and it's still super delicious! But if I'm feeling fancy and having it for lunch, then go all out with the other fixings!
The Ultimate Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 Small Avocados
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 tbsp Dried or Fresh Dill
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Red Onion
- ½ Juice of Half Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Start by hard boiling the eggs, and while they cook, mash the avocado into a bowl.
- Season with the dill, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Peel and mash the eggs into the avocado, mix in the onion, and then spoon it on your favourite bread/toast/rice cake/crackers - go crazy!