Who else gets a hankering for a takeaway near the end of the week? I'm sure it's not just us, right? But I usually always regret the feeling after having a takeaway... that heaviness and sometimes nausea from eating too much greasy food. So this is my perfect solution - my honey garlic chicken fakeaway! It always hits the spot, and it comes together in a jiffy!
Honey Garlic Chicken Fakeaway
The perfect quick meal for a night in!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 Servings
For the chicken:
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Flour
For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ tbsp Sirarcha or Hot Sauce (more per taste)
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate with the pepper and onion powder.
- Sprinkle the flour and rub over the chicken (or mix everything well in a Ziploc bag) and set aside.
- Add all ingredients for the Sauce into a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust to your liking (adjust spice with the Sirarcha and the sweetness with more Honey)
- Start cooking the Chicken on medium high heat in 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and cook for about 5 mins until seared, then add the sauce.
- Turn heat to low and let the chicken simmer for 10 minutes and until fully cooked (ensure to test a piece of chicken by cutting through it and ensure its fully white).
- Serve over white rice and sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @HungryPaprikas or tag #HungryPaprikas!
I keep coming back to this recipe! It’s so good even my 3 year old loves it!
Thank you Amina! X
Amina Al-Saigh says
Oh so glad to hear even your 3 year old likes it! Thanks for the feedback 🙂
I made this recipe last night for dinner. So delicious! It really tastes like a healthier version of takeout. There was enough sauce from the chicken that I was able to mix in my cooked rice so the flavor was incorporated into the plain white rice.
This recipe is also toddler approved!
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it Munira - thanks so much for the feedback!