How are your energy levels doing? Are you keeping up? If you feel like you need a boost these days, I've got you covered with the perfect solution! Enter these delicious date-less energy balls full of goodness to either kick start your day or serve as a pick me up in the mid afternoon. These are especially perfect for you if you don't love dates or are too bored of the many date variations that exist. They also feature a sneaky ingredient that makes you feel like you're having a cheeky dessert (did someone say chocolate?!).
Make a batch of these and keep them in the fridge for a week! Mine don't last that long because I also have a pesky sister who steals about half my batch (love ya sis!). If your days are constantly busy and on-the-go, you'll breathe a sigh of relief knowing these babies are in the fridge waiting for you. Also, a huge bonus is they're also loved by children... my 2 year old can devour a few in one go if I'd let him!
Date-less Energy Balls
- 2 Cups Oats (Quick oats)
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut (Unsweetend)
- ½ Cup Raw Almonds
- ½ Cup Almond butter
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Honey (2 if you like it sweeter)
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Chia or Hemp Seeds (Optional)
- In a food processor, process the oats, shredded coconut, and raw almonds until mixture is fine.
- Add in the almond butter, honey, and a few tablespoons of water, then pulse to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips and a few more tbsp of water as required until the mixture starts to form a dough, by binding together very well.
- Form the mixture into balls (it should be easy to do this, and if not add a bit more water and process to make the mixture more "sticky").
- Store energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week and enjoy throughout the week.