Moms that brunch.... brunch at home most of the time. But that's definitely not the worst of the 2 options (the other being going out). I LOVE making brunch at home! It's probably my favorite meal to cook, and I love to experiment with new dishes all the time. This beans and eggs brunch skillet is a winner because just look at the ingredients list! Wholesome nutritious spinach and beans, cooked in a delicious tomato sauce with onions and garlic. And that dreamy egg yolk to mop up with a crusty piece of bread. What's not to love? Eggs and beans will also keep you satisfied for a while so give it a try! This is a similar dish to another one I have up on the site if you're not a bean lover, which is my super easy Tomato Shakshuka!
- 4 eggs
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ can diced tomato with juice (can replace with fresh tomato)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start by finely dicing the onion and cooking in a pan on medium heat with the vegetable oil, for approximately 5 minutes until soft. Add the crushed garlic
- Drain and wash the beans and add them to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper
- Add the tomato with juices and continue to cook for a few minutes. Add the chopped spinach. Taste mixture and adjust for seasoning
- Make four wells and crack the eggs. Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes. Cover for 30 seconds to 1 minute (avoid overcooking your egg yolks so keep an eye!)
- Crack freshly ground pepper on top and season the yolks with salt. Serve with your favorite bread and enjoy!