Whenever I go to the grocery store, I almost always pass by the granola isle and start browsing the options and ingredients. And I almost always never buy any. Why? Because most brands out there have lots of hidden sugar! The worst thing you can do during breakfast is load up on sugar. So when I crave granola, I make this nutty cardamom granola. Delicious and super easy, and making a big batch of granola means you have breakfast ready for weeks.
I love my granola super crunchy and loaded with nuts. I also add raisins to add more sweetness so I avoid having to dump more honey/maple syrup on top when I eat it. The trick to chewy raisins that will last long is to also bake them slightly to dehydrate them more. My favorite way to eat this nutty cardamom granola is with yogurt and fresh fruit! An easy no-fuss breakfast I can prepare on the go. Give it a try!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups nuts almonds, pecans, walnuts
- 1 cup raisins optional
- 4 tsp cardamom powder replace with cinnamon if you prefer
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or more per preference
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the raisins and mix well
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and add to the bowl, along with honey and cardamom. Mix then taste and adjust sweetness.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (may need to use 2 sheets) and lay the granola in one flat layer
- Bake in the oven until toasted and golden, for roughly 20 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking time and add the raisins to toast them (baking them too long will burn them)
- Allow the granola to cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes without disturbing, then transfer to an airtight container. It can be stored for up to 3 weeks on the shelf. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe