I love nostalgic dishes. Because the memories attached to the dishes are actually the secret ingredient that always elevate them and make them delicious. Every. Single. Time.
This simple recipe is for Arabic cauliflower fritters and it's definitely one of those nostalgic recipes for me. My mama used to make them for us and make them into little sandwiches when we were younger and it was one of my favourite meals! So here it is, recreated so you could all enjoy it too. And a cool bonus is that it's totally Keto friendly too!
I recommend serving them in warm pita bread with tomato, parsley and red onions. Don't forget the red onion!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying (about ½ cup)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Start by separating the cauliflower into florets and steam on the stove top or in a microwave until fork tender (don't over cook - only about 5-7 minutes).
- Sprinkle some salt (other than stated amount for the eggs) over the cauliflower.
- Whisk the eggs with the spices very well.
- Heat up oil in a non stick pan. Dip each floret into the egg mixture and then fry, turning to cook all sides, for 2-3 minutes. Make sure you don't overcrowd your pan.
- Serve in pita bread sandwiches with fresh tomatoes, parsley and sliced red onions.
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @HungryPaprikas or tag #HungryPaprikas!
I tried this recipe almost immediately after I saw it and I was not disappointed! Making these tasty fritters didn’t take very long, but it took even less time for them to disappear.
Thanks so much for the lovely review Lindalee!! <3