Why did the Apple pie go to the dentist? Because it needed a filling..... It’s not too bad, right? Humour me. You don’t know how many terrible apple jokes I had to read on google before finding this slightly funny one.
So I always have a ton of apples at my house because of my son's sheer obsession with them. No apples in the house is an emergency. And because they're always around... I wanted to use them in a dessert (we mostly eat them raw around here!). And you all know your girl is not a baker. So if you’re on the same boat, I got you covered with these super easy puff pastry apple hand pies!
They’re sooo good my family devoured them. And they’re pretty darn easy! I served them with a delicious caramel sauce and some crushed pecans. You can whip these up so quickly, even for impromptu guests! I bet they'd even taste amazing with a cheeky vanilla ice cream scoop on the side...
Puff pastry is always great to have on hand in the freezer for a last minute guest or just a sweet craving. Another favorite puff pastry recipe of mine is my Umm Ali recipe.
If you tried these recipes, please consider leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page - I'd love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to Instagram and say hello!
- 1 Sheet Puff pastry cut into 10 squares
- 3 Apples I used Fuji
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Lemon juice
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 350F, and slicing the apples (unpeeled) into thin slices.
- Put them in a bowl and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out the puff pastry squares and make a border around the middle using the back of a spoon, roughly an inch wide.
- Pierce the middle of the dough with a fork (but not the edge). Lay the apple slices overlapping as pictured.
- Brush the outer border with egg-wash and bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until golden. Serve with caramel sauce and crushed pecans & enjoy!