Experimenting with my instant pot sometimes leads to disasters, and sometimes magic. This post goes out to one of those magical moments. Because I had just walked through the door after a long day, my son was hungry, my fridge was empty. But I had it in my head to make this recipe in the instant pot for a while, so here was a great opportunity!
This rice is amazing. So comforting and delicious just on it's own! But I usually serve it with some yoghurt salad or green salad on the side. It has amazingly spiced ground beef and veggies... the perfect meal! And with this method, it'll take you about 20 minutes. Sounds like a good deal, right?
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400 g lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1.5 cups chopped fresh or frozen carrots
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp allspice powder
- ½-1 tsp salt or more per preference
- ¼ tsp black pepper or more per preference
- Set the Instant pot to Sauté mode and add the beef, crushed garlic, vegetable oil and allspice. Mix well and break up the beef.
- Once moisture begins to dry after about 7 mins, add the peas, carrots, water, and season the broth with salt and pepper.
- Taste the broth and ensure it is visibly salty because the rice will need it (I add about 1-2 tsp because I like salt).
- Add the rice, cover, and set to “pressure cook” mode for 4 minutes. Ensure the valve is set to sealing and allow to cook.
- Release the pressure manually and let stand for 10 mins. Fluff the rice and enjoy!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @HungryPaprikas or tag #HungryPaprikas!
SUNDUS ALI says
So I love this recipe because it's great when you've got alot of kids over. However, everytime I've made the full recipe I get the "Food Burn" comment. Are you using a dry measuring cup for the rice or the the cup that comes with the IP? I must perfect this.
Easy staple to make for families and great for the littles!