Who's up for a ridiculously easy cookie recipe? I'm talking several ingredients that I'm sure you have, dump them all in a bowl, mix with a spoon (or your hands) and bake. The result? A decadent and dangerously addictive soft cookie with chewy edges. This easy Nutella cookies recipe a must try! The magic behind this recipe is that Nutella already includes most of the ingredients for chocolate cookies (sugar, chocolate, and oil). So just a few more additions and you're set. That's what makes them really convenient. I love to bake on a whim and knowing that I need minimal ingredients means I can enjoy these whenever I want!
Ingredients you need for these Nutella cookies
As promised, the ingredients you need are basic and almost always on hand.
How to make this easy Nutella cookies recipe
Let me walk you through the steps, but I promise it'll be short:
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl until combined
- Add the Nutella, whisked egg, melted butter and flour and mix well. I like to use my hands to ensure everything is well incorporated and there is no streaks of flour
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. This will help ensure the cookies don't spread too much
- Form into similar sized balls and place on a cookie sheet a few inches apart. They will spread so make sure you leave enough space!
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. This will depend on your oven.
FAQs and Expert Tips
How do I know the cookies are ready? You want to ensure you're around the 10-12 minute mark and that they cookies still look soft when you take them out. They will continue to cook and set as they are cooling. Overbaking them will lead to a crunchier cookie texture. Baking them perfectly will yield a soft cookie with chewy edges.
How do I store these cookies? The best way to store them is in an airtight container so they stay soft. If you feel like they hardened slightly overnight, you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to heat them up before enjoying them.
Gifting idea using these cookies!
One day I was browsing the internet (as you do) and I came across these cute mini Nutella jars and fell in love. I immediately thought of this recipe, and since it was during the holiday season, I thought these would make such a cute gift. So I wrapped up the cookies in clear plastic wrap and tied a mini Nutella jar to it. Cute, right?
Looking for more easy desserts? Try these:
Easy Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F
- In a bowl, add the flour and baking powder and mix well
- Next, add the Nutella, whisked eggs and melted butter
- Mix well using a spoon or your hands until combined and no streaks of flour are visible
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so the cookie dough can firm up (this prevents the cookies from spreading too much)
- Form into balls and place a few inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet (cookies will spread so leave some space)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on the middle rack. Ovens will vary so take them out when they are firm but still slightly soft. Overbaking these cookies will result in a harder/crunchier texture
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then enjoy! The texture should be soft with chewy edges
- Store these cookies in an airtight container
- They may harden slightly overnight and become more chewy. You can still enjoy them like that, or if you like really soft cookies, pop them in the microwave for 1 minute