These 4 ingredient toffee bars take only 10 minutes to make and they are so addictive! All it takes is combining 4 simple ingredients and baking them for the best ever gooey bars that are sweet and salty!
What makes these bars magical?
These 4 ingredient toffee bars are a childhood favorite of mine. I remember my mom making them for us every weekend for SO long. We were obsessed. And then I forgot about them completely and have just re-discovered them. Isn't that the nicest feeling?
I had a dinner party I was preparing for and couldn't be bothered thinking about desserts since my mains menu was elaborate! So I called up my mom and got her to remember every detail. It wasn't too hard considering the 4 ingredients involved. But that's why I love these - almost no effort & they're definitely a crowd pleaser. If you love sweet and salty desserts, these are for you.
Tips for making the best Skor Ritz bars!
This recipe is SO easy, but there are two tips to keep in mind:
- The first of which is to make sure you break up your Ritz crackers well so that you don't end up with big pieces. The smaller the pieces that more it'll hold together.
- The other important tip is to make sure you take it out of the oven, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, cut it into squares, then let it cool completely. If you wait longer than 10 minutes, it'll be too hard to cut since the toffee will solidify. If you wait less than 10 minutes, it'll be too soft and you won't get nicely shaped squares.
Watch me make these bars!
For more easy desserts, check out:
If you tried these recipes, please consider leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page - I'd love to hear from you! You can also hop on over to Instagram and say hello!
4 Ingredient Toffee Bars (Skor Ritz Bars)
- 300 mL Sweetened condensed milk equal to 1 can
- 300 g Skor toffee bits equal to 1.5 packages of the Chipits brand
- 400 g Original Ritz crackers equal to 2x 200g box
- 150 g Milk chocolate chips
- Start by crushing the Ritz crackers into a bowl using your hands. Crush well to ensure pieces are small, but don't crush them all into a powder.
- Add the condensed milk and the 200g of the Skor toffee bits (equal to 1 package) and mix very well to ensure everything is well coated
- Line an 8" square baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Press down firmly to pack it in evenly around all the edges
- Bake at 350F for approximately 20-30 minutes until the toffee bits have melted and colour is golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. The chocolate should melt (if it doesn't, pop it into the oven for 1 minute and take it back out). Smooth it out into a layer using a spoon
- Sprinkle the rest of the skor bits on top and allow it to cool completely for 30 minutes. Cut into square pieces.
- Once cooled, separate pieces gently and store in an airtight container if using later
- The chocolate layer is optional - if you don't have any feel free to skip it
- Store in an air tight container on the counter for up to a week