Okay so I don't love to spend forever making a good dessert. I absolutely LOVE quick easy hacks, you with me? And to be honest, I don't usually make desserts. But sometimes, that sweet tooth just hits you and you want something. Now. Enter these 3 Ingredient Toffee Bars. Yes you read it right - only 3 ingredients, and only needs 15 Minutes of your time.
These 3 ingredient toffee bars are a childhood favorite of mine. I remember my mom making them for us every weekend for SO long. We were obsessed. And then I forgot about them completely and have just re-discovered them. Isn't that the nicest feeling? I had a dinner party I was preparing for and couldn't be bothered thinking about desserts since my mains menu was elaborate! So I called up my mom and got her to remember every detail. It wasn't too hard considering the 3 ingredients involved. But that's why I love these - almost no effort & they're definitely a crowd pleaser. If you love sweet and salty desserts, these are for you.
Chewy gooey toffee bar goodness comes together using only Ritz Crackers, Skor bits, and condensed milk. Doesn't get easier than that! There's two minor tips for this dessert, the first of which is to make sure you break up your Ritz crackers well so that you don't end up with big pieces. The smaller the pieces that more it'll hold together.
The other important tip is to make sure you take it out of the oven, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, cut it into squares, then let it cool completely. If you wait longer than 10 minutes, it'll be too hard to cut since the toffee will solidify. If you wait less than 10 minutes, it'll be too soft and you won't get nicely shaped squares. Do try this recipe and be sure to leave a comment and a rating - I love hearing back from you!
For more easy desserts, check out:
3 Ingredient Toffee Bars
- 450 mL Sweetened condensed milk equal to 1.5 300mL cans
- 350 g Skor toffee bits equal to 1.5 packages of the Chipits brand
- 400 g Original Ritz crackers equal to 2x 200g box
- Start by crushing the Ritz crackers into a bowl. Crush well to ensure pieces are small.
- Add the condensed milk and the Skor toffee bits and mix very well to ensure everything is well coated
- Line a 10" x 6" glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Press down firmly to pack it in evenly around all the edges
- Bake at 400F for approximately 30-35 minutes until the toffee bits have melted and color is golden
- Allow it to cool for only 10 minutes, cut into square pieces, then allow it to cook completely. This will make cutting much easier
- Once cooled, separate pieces gently and store in an airtight container if using later
- Ensure you cut the pieces 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven, otherwise it will be hard to cut once it is fully cooled
- Store in an air tight container on the counter for up to a week