Okay so I don't love to spend forever making a good dessert. I absolutely LOVE quick easy hacks, you with me? And to be honest, I don't usually make desserts. But sometimes, that sweet tooth just hits you and you want something. Now. Enter these 3 Ingredient Toffee Bars. Yes you read it right - only 3 ingredients, and only needs 15 Minutes of your time.
These 3 ingredient toffee bars are a childhood favorite of mine. I remember my mom making them for us every weekend for SO long. We were obsessed. And then I forgot about them completely and have just re-discovered them. Isn't that the nicest feeling? I had a dinner party I was preparing for and couldn't be bothered thinking about desserts since my mains menu was elaborate! So I called up my mom and got her to remember every detail. It wasn't too hard considering the 3 ingredients involved. But that's why I love these - almost no effort & they're definitely a crowd pleaser. If you love sweet and salty desserts, these are for you.
Chewy gooey toffee bar goodness comes together using only Ritz Crackers, Skor bits, and condensed milk. Doesn't get easier than that! There's two minor tips for this dessert, the first of which is to make sure you break up your Ritz crackers well so that you don't end up with big pieces. The smaller the pieces that more it'll hold together.
The other important tip is to make sure you take it out of the oven, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, cut it into squares, then let it cool completely. If you wait longer than 10 minutes, it'll be too hard to cut since the toffee will solidify. If you wait less than 10 minutes, it'll be too soft and you won't get nicely shaped squares. Do try this recipe and be sure to leave a comment and a rating - I love hearing back from you!
For more easy desserts, check out:
4 Ingredient Toffee Bars (Skor Ritz Bars)
- 300 mL Sweetened condensed milk equal to 1 can
- 300 g Skor toffee bits equal to 1.5 packages of the Chipits brand
- 400 g Original Ritz crackers equal to 2x 200g box
- 150 g Milk chocolate chips
- Start by crushing the Ritz crackers into a bowl using your hands. Crush well to ensure pieces are small, but don't crush them all into a powder.
- Add the condensed milk and the 200g of the Skor toffee bits (equal to 1 package) and mix very well to ensure everything is well coated
- Line an 8" square baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Press down firmly to pack it in evenly around all the edges
- Bake at 350F for approximately 20-30 minutes until the toffee bits have melted and colour is golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. The chocolate should melt (if it doesn't, pop it into the oven for 1 minute and take it back out). Smooth it out into a layer using a spoon
- Sprinkle the rest of the skor bits on top and allow it to cool completely for 30 minutes. Cut into square pieces.
- Once cooled, separate pieces gently and store in an airtight container if using later
- The chocolate layer is optional - if you don't have any feel free to skip it
- Store in an air tight container on the counter for up to a week