Mediterranean roasted chicken
Marinated with the sweetness of pomegranate molasses, smoky paprika and garlic cloves, this roasted chicken is the best! Served with potatoes and onions and topped with sprigs of fresh thyme.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs boneless works too
- 3 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper more per preference
- 5-4 sprigs fresh thyme optional
Preheat oven to 400F.
Peel potatoes and onions and cut into medium sized cubes (⅛ sized pieces).
Mix all other ingredients together (except chicken, potato and onion) to make the marinade and combine well.
In a glass baking dish, place the chicken, potatoes and onions and pour the marinade on top.
Mix well to ensure everything is covered and add the fresh thyme on top.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, remove the foil and baste the chicken with the juices. Leave uncovered and bake for another 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve with a side of rice or salad.
- Chicken thighs are preferred in this recipe, using chicken breast will yield a dryer chicken for this amount of cooking time
- If you don't like a lot of gravy in this dish, then decrease the vegetable broth to a ¼ cup and you will have a thicker sauce
- If you don't have pomegranate molasses, substitute with 1 tbsp lemon juice and half tbsp honey (or sugar)